What: The Council of Athletics Teams (CATS) is an athletics and activities leadership committee at Plymouth High School. We are now accepting new members for the 2017-2018 school year…if you are a student-athlete or activities participant and qualify under the requirements, please consider joining this group. Athletes who contribute positively and regularly to the group may earn a special patch for their letter jackets. The group meets during the school day but sometimes has after-school events to attend in a leadership role.
Why: The purpose of CATS is to:
- Act as the voice of Plymouth’s student-athletes and activities participants.
- Serve as the “sounding board” for the Plymouth Assistant Principal for Activities and Athletics.
- Assist in representing the Activities and Athletic Department at events such as the Superintendent’s State of the District address, athletic game promotions, college signing day, PCEP 8th Grade Extravaganza, and others.
- Learn skills to help lead Plymouth and PCEP athletic and activities organizations.
Who: Any student who fits these requirements:
1) Must be a member of the Plymouth High School class of 2018, 2019, 2020 or 2021.
2) Must currently be on a varsity athletic or competitive/performance/application-based activities team or have previously earned a varsity letter on an athletic or activities team. Members of unified PCEP organizations (such as Marching Band, Girls Hockey, or Figure Skating) are eligible if they are Plymouth High School students.
3) Have a strong desire to lead by both actions and words.
When: First meeting will be in August, 2017.
1) Download a copy of the MHSAA Captains 101 handbook by clicking here Captains 101 Handbook, or pick one up from the bins outside the Plymouth Athletic Department Office. Read this handbook.
2) View this online captains course: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61028/captains-course